Type of Affiliate Marketing Programs:
- PAY PER SALE or Cost per sale or Cost per Transaction (commission based): You get paid a commission for each sale you generate. If you refer a visitor to the merchant’s site and the visitor makes a purchase, you get a percentage of the sale as a commission.
- Cost Per Click : You get paid for every visitor you send to the online merchant through a banner or text link, regardless of whether or not a sale is made.
- Cost per Visit (CPV ) – Most of the advertisers use Google analytics for tracking and they consider a Unique visit by a user as a session and pay affiliates on basis of this visits, which is known as cost per visit campaign. Its almost similar to CPC but validated numbers are given to affiliates on basis of GA visits.
- Cost per Lead : You get paid a one-time fee for generating a lead for the merchant. Similar to a bounty program, you usually earn low commission per each referred visitor who fills out a questionnaire or an application.
- Cost per Install – These are mobile app campaigns and they are very similar to CPL campaigns and generally the conversion point is when a user installs an app.
- CPM – Cost per impression campaigns is where affiliate get a flat rate every time advertisement is displayed 1000 times on his or her web page. – Cost per mille requires only that the publisher make the advertising available on his website and display it to his visitors in order to receive a commission. These campaigns are generally done by merchants for Brand building and Brand awareness.
- Cost per Like/Fan/follow – Once again Fan and Like campaigns are very similar to CPL campaigns and used to grow and engage your social media following especially on Facebook , twitter and Instagram.
- Hybrid Campaigns – This is when you combine 2 or more campaign types together. For example CPC with performance metrics – in these type of campaigns merchant ask publisher for a minimum CR guarantee, here they will have pay you on CPC but you need to commit them a minimum sales, for instance 1% CR condition means that in every 100 clicks you need to get one sale.
- Two tier Programs : You get commission on the direct sales you originate, plus you get commission on sales generated by affiliates which you recruit.